Traditional property investment...
- Agents, brokers, direct sourcing
- Repossessions and auctions
- Valuations and due dilligence
- Conveyancing and legal agreements
- Preparation of funds
- Get own equity in place
- Set up cash flow plan
- Apply for senior debt
- Source development capital
- Complete legals and title transfer
Earn potential income
- Employ agency or self manage
- Get property tenanted
- Incur maintenance expenses
- Insure against any damages
- Optimise property for best possible yields
- Focus on hight growth locations
- Purchase below market value
- Renovate for highest rental growth
- Buy an hold for rental growth
- Target return on investment of 5%+
Which can lead to a number of challenges
Large entry costs and risk
A prospective buyer needs at least 25% equity up front. Extensive due diligence required.
Agent fees in and out
Agents typically charge the seller 0.75% - 3% of sale value to market a sale, and 10% to manage rental income
A mortgage in the current climate can take up to 3 months from application. Banks still risk averse since 2008
High interest rates, ratchets, reposssession terms, bridging finance is a frightening prospect for most people
Missing out on details
The ability to finance and purchase sites quickly in the modern day property market is a key competitive advantage
Permissions and high tax
Buy-to-let taxes and increased stamp duty impacts on landlords and property developers profit
How we do it...
Properties submitted to us from the market
We offer two main types of finance to property owners, landlords and property developers. A low cost option to sell a property outright or finance developement capital and a new purchase
- £500 to list your property for sale
- 1.5% in / 1.5% out to raise funds after securing an option
- All project and fund management is hosted on third party networks with expert guidance
We screen, select and manage investments
Our job as the platform is ultimately to provide unique access to a market previously unobtainable on a retail basis, with a £100 minimum investment entry point. As a provider it is our responsibility and extremely important that we follow the best industry practice. Transparency and simplicity are paramount, so our investors have all the facts they need to make informed decisions.
- Simple, clearly structured pricing with no additional fees or charges
- Tight project management using expert, wellm known property consultants
- Technology infrastructure creates better security for payments, project assessment, due dilligence and project management
Investors crowdfund purchases and buy full units
Investors can access our projects from anywhere and build a catalogue of investments stored within their platform dashboard. Each investment is ring fenced and managed for the interests of our investors and in line with the shareholder agreement
- Projects are maximum 3 year terms to ensure ivnestors have staggered liquidity
- Rental income is distributed monthly by way of dividends. Our selected partners manage the property on your behalf.
- Investors can select short term high potential projects such as a refurbishment or a passive buy-to-let in a developing location.
A dual sided property crowdfunding model
Investors and the property market coexist on ShareProperty, the platform is used as an online hub to find property development investment opportunities and centralises property finance by marketing vetted and appraised property based investments to our investor network submitted by property professionals
Investors access property opportunities and build a portfolio of investments blending their own risk/return appetite by mixing different types and timescales of property deals.
Low entry barriers
Invest from £100 into property deals as a crowd investor
Delayered, peer-to-peer, direct fractional ownership
2% total transaction fees and 10% (+VAT) of rental income
A new source
The only property investment platform in South West & Wales
Properties are submitted through two main channels; ready-made investment property in which investors simply purchase, or projects requiring finance to purchase and add value.
Sell you property for £500, raise funds without bridging loans
Indicated offer provided within 48hrs of property submission
Streamlined appraisal and due diligence using a rating system
Property purchases from the crowd are typically cash deals
Investor protections are strengthened in the selection of quality deals, which are packaged as investments by developers, to ensure investors are protected and problems mitigated
Land registry title
Investors always hold asset-backed title equity in all properties purchased via the platform
Full voting A shares
All investors are treated parri passu with existing and new shareholders
Deals marketed for property developers will typically carry exit options
We typically offer contracted returns or management of rental income
Comprehensive due dilligence
We carry out rigourus FCA standard project screening, assessment and selection procedures to determine which investments are the best fi for our crowd
KYC and verification checks look to establish a picture of the legal background of individuals
Examination and assessment of previous developments and success rate of key individuals
Full and proressional analysis of the property asset's use history, charges and planning permissions.
Returns and exit
Comprehensive understanding of how returns are generated and how ivnestors exit projects.
Invest in properties
Access the property market through fractional ownership of multiple properties. Build a portfolio return that fits your investment strategyStart investing
Capital at risk if you invest
Sell your property or get funding
Utilise our investor network to sell existing properties from your portfolio or raise finance to fund new schemes using our delayered processes and rates